LK Architecture, Inc. is looking for a creative, forward thinking individual seeking a full-time Interior Designer position to assist and manage hospitality project design from start to finish on projects being developed throughout the country.
- Experience with interior design concept development, material selections and furniture design.
- Ability to lead client meetings regarding interior design issues
- Produce schematic design, design development and construction document drawings
- Assist with construction administration
- Select and specify furniture/artwork, and accessories for procurement – includes involvement with all phases of procurement process
- Provide accurate furniture take-offs for entire project
- Select and specify interior finishes – includes all phases of design process
- Work with manufacturers during design, bidding, production and shop drawing review
- Oversee installation process
- Follow up on punch items
- Interpersonal and client relation skills and the ability to handle multiple projects Some travel required
- Education from an accredited design / architecture university
- A minimum of 5 years’ design experience in hospitality design; experience in senior care design is helpful
- Proficient use of AutoCAD, and Revit
- Knowledge of building codes and ADA laws as they relate to Interior Design
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present and run client meetings and presentations
- Ability to address issues in a timely manner
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently and collaborate with a team
If you are interested in the Interior Designer position, please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples in a single PDF (maximum 10 MB) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Interior Designer” in the subject line.