York Manufacturing, Wichita, KS
The York International Unitary Products Group closed its Ohio facility to consolidate its residential A/C manufacturing processes to a centrally located facility in Wichita, Kansas. LK designed the new manufacturing facility to re-use some of York’s existing equipment brought in from Ohio and several other facilities in the Wichita area.
- Main manufacturing facility in the USA for residential A/C units
- 18 loading docks
- Spaces for 150, 300, 400 and 500 ton presses
- 20 rooftop units set on ground for advertisement
- Multiple rooms for oil storage, air compressors and nitrogen and helium systems, located away from production areas
- 12 production lines for manufacturing products
- Mechanical system utilizes metal ducts and fabric socks to distribute air evenly throughout the facility.
235,000 SF manufacturing
100,000 SF warehouse/shipping
10, 000 SF offices