LK Architecture is looking for an experienced senior electrical engineer with a minimum of 10 years experience. This position would report to the Studio Director, Vice Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents, and/or President/CEO, and will work under limited supervision; Able to work independently.
- Involved in non‐routine and complex assignments
- Has very good knowledge of his/her discipline as well as recognized expertise in one field
- Able to coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company
- Able to handle all coordination with outside entities such as utilities and suppliers
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Able to complete projects independently
- Able to document existing conditions and perform troubleshooting
- Performs engineering studies as required.
- Performs tasks as requested and assigned to help meet the goals of Supervisor, Department and/or company
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from accredited program
Licensed Professional Engineer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Able to make clear presentations ot clients and in-house groups on assigned projects
- Independent decisions on many issues, but consults with Department Director and more experienced Engineers
- Management – may direct and/or supervise a small group of staff for a project or program; manages complex projects involving special skills and multi‐disciplinary teams
- Mentoring – helps others learn discipline specific software; shall assist in the education and development of design staff and act as a resource for design questions.
- Client Relationship – good relationship with clients; interacts with clients on a project basis
- Production of construction documents; responsible for specs, codes, maintaining project schedules and budgets, studies, meetings, reports and quality control
- Software – expected to be proficient in Revit and software that applies to his/her discipline (i.e. Trane Trace, VRF Mfr Software, EasyPower, Visual or AGI 32, Comcheck, Cummins PowerSuite)
If you are interested in the Senior Electrical Engineer position, please include work samples with your application.